Saturday, 17 November 2007

Humpty-Dumpty



I'm feeling a bit like Humpty-Dumpty tonight as I had a great big fall this morning! Nothing is broken, unlike poor old Humpty, but I do have a gash on my nose and may get a black eye. I was trying to do something clever while standing and holding on to my rollator/walker with one hand and reaching out with the other. Obviously, it did not work!

So, I have spent most of the day resting and finishing off this drawing that I started some time ago. I have entitled it: "Missing Nap Time".

I love the relaxed way that children can sleep any place, any time and wake up relaxed and refreshed.

Back when I was healthy and normally active, I often forgot how tired you can get when you are a little person or a not-as-healthy, getting-older-person such as I am now. I can remember looking at children sleeping and thinking how sweet they looked. On the other hand, I can recall seeing elderly people sleeping in public and thinking, somewhat pityingly, how pathetic they looked. O, how the mighty have fallen.

Enough of that... All this talk of sleep is my way of letting you know that I think the time has come for me to call it a day and do what the little girl in the drawing is doing -- only I plan to stretch out in my comfy bed.

If I end up with two black eyes, I will try to get someone to take a picture of me so you can see how "colourful" I look!

Blessings and peace.




No comments: