Monday, 19 November 2007

Still Recovering


Well, I did not even end up with one black eye, much less two and my nose, while still sore, is healing nicely. No, the biggest problem has been all the additional aches and pains I have had to put up with on top of all my usual aches and pains!


So, I have been spending a lot more time at home working on the computer. I'm trying to draw another icon of Christ -- which is very difficult for me for a number of reasons. You may have noticed that I tend to draw many more children and women than I do men. One of the reasons for that is this primitive software I use does not provide any decent way to do the kind of shading necessary to properly depict facial hair or beard shadow. I keep experimenting and maybe one of these days, I will find a way. Of course, if I would stop drawing all the time and teach myself to use more advanced software, the problem would most likely be solved.

Anyway, whenever I want to take a break from working on the icon, I work on a much simpler drawing like the one above. I call this one "A Kitten in my Coffee Cup" and it makes me chuckle when I look at it. Such a wee, little kitten -- so young that its eyes are still blue. Kittens are so irresistible at that age.

So, here it is a little past 10:30 p.m. and I have to take Wheeltrans to the dentist tomorrow so I think it would be a good idea for me and miz k.d. to call it a day. May tomorrow be a good day for us all.

Blessings and peace.

No comments: