Saturday, 8 December 2007

Another Busy Saturday!

I ran out of my old business cards yesterday so I needed to print up some new one.

As I looked at my old design, however, I thought: I would like to create something different.

So that is what I have been doing this evening. I wanted to come up with some way of showing some samples of my work without just having a bunch of little pictures like I did on my old card. So, I was looking at my drawings for inspiration and suddenly it dawned on me that I have this drawing with a fence and if I put pieces of art work along the fence, it might look like someone has used the fence to set up an exhibit.

This is the design I ended up with. After deciding that I felt satisfied with the results, I printed off 50 copies so I am well-stocked with business cards for the time being!

During all this activity, I have been thinking a lot about my sister, Betty, as today would have been her 84th birthday. This is the first December 8th in my life that I can remember not sending a birthday card, making a phone call or both to my dear sister. All day long it has felt as though I was forgetting to do something!


Actually, I and my two sisters were all born in December. As many of you know, my birthday is coming up this next Friday (the 14th)!




Also, I wanted to show you this icon again.

On the 6th, I showed you the first draft. I have fixed most of the things that were missing or incomplete in the first draft and am feeling as though this icon is pretty well finished.

Now I am hoping that my friend who has helped me with my other icons will check out my blog soon and see this latest one. I can always count on her to help me see what needs to be changed or fixed or re-worked. It is a great help to get that sort of advice.

I started working on a new drawing last night, by the way, and hope to be able to show you the first draft soon. This time I am not doing an icon, but a drawing of a little boy dressed up for Christmas. I really feel as though I only want to draw things these days that relate in some way to the Christmas season. It is hard to believe that in just 16 more days it will be Christmas Eve!


Meanwhile, I hope you are enjoying the holiday season whatever you are or are not celebrating.


Wishing you all a joyful Sunday.

No comments: