Tuesday, 18 December 2007

Just a quick Hello!



This will be very short as it is much later than I usually allow myself to stay up! Once again I started working on a drawing and completely forgot about the time.


Anyway, I was talking with a friend a few days ago -- telling her about the icons I am drawing -- and she spoke up and said: "do you have any angels?"

Well, I had to say no since the closest thing I have to angels is this drawing of two little girls playing the part of angels in a Christmas pageant!

The friend then went on to say that if I ever drew any angels, she would really be interested in seeing them as she "collects" angels.

Well, that started me thinking about possibilities and within a few hours, I had settled on a drawing and was working away.

I have been working on the following drawing every chance I have had for the past few days and finally reached the first draft stage tonight. I couldn't wait to show it to you even though I can barely stay awake. So, here it is:



As always, comments, criticisms and suggestions would all be welcome.

Now I am off to bed and as I have done for years, I will say the following before falling asleep:

Angel of God, my guardian dear,
To whom God's love commits me here,
Ever this night be at my side,
To light, to guard, to rule, to guide.
Amen.

Goodnight.

No comments: