Wednesday, 12 December 2007

A Quiet Wednesday

The temperature was above freezing and the sun was shining brightly as the morning hours passed. miz k.d. was taking advantage of the sunshine coming through the windows -- soaking up the rays as she slept in her favourite chair. I was on the computer printing cards for people and working on my latest drawing. It looked beautiful outside, but I chose to stay indoors and get some work done as the next two days are going to be very busy ones for me. I start celebrating my birthday tomorrow since I can't squeeze everything in on the actual day.

Actually, I really had to force myself to stop working on a drawing and post to my blog. I am working on a new icon and I get so engrossed in the intricate drawing required that it is really difficult to make myself do other things.

However, I did want to show you the first drafts of these two drawings I completed recently. I am thinking about naming the one at the top of the entry "The Magic of Winter" but that is not a final decision. I really enjoyed drawing it as the scene makes me think of Christmas and that is really where my thoughts are these days. I have been listening to the Christmas part of The Messiah by Handel every day for the past week!


This next drawing continues the Christmas theme. All I had to work with was this little boy's face (which I found appealing) so it was fun turning it into a Christmas scene.

I will probably name this one "Santa's Little Helper" for obvious reasons. I got the idea for the shirt from some photos a friend sent me recently of her youngest grandson's visit to Santa. He was wearing a white shirt with Santa's little helper across the front in red. I decided that was the perfect shirt for my young friend in my drawing.

By the way, this latest icon I am working on is one that is named "Our Lady of Tender Mercy". The original is so beautiful and I hope that I will be able to capture at least a little bit of that beauty in my drawing.

As you can probably guess, I really want to get back to it so I will keep this short.

Wishing you all a peaceful night and a joyful tomorrow.


No comments: