Monday, 18 February 2008

Family Day, the First



Today was our very first February 18th statutory holiday in Ontario by the name of "Family Day". To me, it still feels like I am playing dress-up in my mother's clothes -- you know, let's pretend. Maybe by next year it will feel really real!

At any rate, although we did have a few brief periods of sunshine, today, like most of the rest of February, was overcast.

I decided several days ago to do something about this lack of sunshine and begin a series of drawings in which the sun is always shining -- like this one.

It is entitled: "Boy and that Goat". The boy looks pretty happy about having his own goat; however, if you take a close look at the goat, you know you had better not trust that goat for even a second!

Look at those eyes. I have spent some time around goats and I know how they like to sneak up on you and either butt you unexpectedly or else start eating your shirt-tail before you even know what is happening!

I also decided in honour of Family Day, I would show you a photo of me with some of my "family". This photograph was taken back in 2006 at the wedding of the young couple shown. This same young couple came to visit me today just because it's Family Day! I am very blessed.

I am very fond of this photograph because you can see the Tabernacle containing the Blessed Sacrament in the background -- so I can truly say that Our Lord Jesus is in the picture with us!

I can already tell that because this Monday is a holiday, I am going to be confused for the rest of the week. All afternoon I have been thinking it is Sunday and having to remind myself that tomorrow is Tuesday not Monday. I would blame this on old age except I was this way even when I was young!

Wishing you all a joyful and happy whatever tomorrow is.

Peace.


No comments: