Tuesday, 12 February 2008

Good News at Last!

No, I am not expecting a baby! That would be more than good news -- that would be an out-and-out miracle!


The good news is that my mouth is finally healing properly. I saw the dentist today and he was pleased with my progress. I was even able to eat something other than mush for my evening meal. That was really nice. I still have some healing to do, but at least all the infection finally seems to be gone.


So, my good news has nothing directly to do with the drawing that I have posted.


It was inspired by a photograph I saw some weeks ago. It made me smile when I saw it then and it makes me smile when I see it now. The title I have given it is "Life (Did you feel the baby kick?)"


It seems that there are so many couples in my life right now who are either expecting or who have just had babies recently. My inbox has been full of email with baby picture attachments. They all make me so happy.


I love the details: such as the couple's discussion over the name, the first gifts of baby clothes, the first photos from the hospital. It is all so wonderful to me and I feel so privileged to be included in the process.


I often think of the saying from Christian scripture where Our Lord says: "I have come that they might have life and have it to the full". None of us deserve less than the fullness of life.


Peace be with you all.

No comments: