Sunday, 24 February 2008

Silly Sally

One of the names I was frequently called in elementary and high school was "silly sally". I really did not appreciate it and there are probably a number of men who, to this very day, have scars on their shins which they got as youngsters by not running quickly enough after calling me "silly sally"

The reason I am thinking of this is because of the drawing at the top of the page. I have entitled it: "Boys are so silly". This young man is trying to impress the girl by scaring her with his fearsome snake!


It reminds me of the Jerry Seinfeld routine where he talks about how the best most men have come up with so far is to honk their horn when they see a pretty girl and whistle. He says: They are really surprised when she is not impressed!




This next drawing is the first draft of a Chimpanzee. I still have more work to do on it but I wanted to share it with you tonight.

I am thinking of calling it "Do Chimps Feel Sadness Too -- As We Do?"

You can tell that I have gotten another mailing from the Jane Goodall Foundation as the stuff they send always includes some beautiful photos of Chimpanzees.

There are photos as well of ones that you can adopt and send money for their care each month. I guess they have special needs.

If I had an unlimited amount of money, I would first adopt all the needy children in the world and save all the unborn babies -- then I would adopt all the needy animals and rescue the habitat of all the other creatures like snakes and frogs and salamanders. And then...

Ah, well, even with all the money in the world, I still couldn't rescue the world from itself. People would end up calling me "silly sally" once again and they would be right. So, instead, I will do what I can with what I have and say "thanks be to God" for giving me a heart that cares.



May peace be with you all.


No comments: