Sunday, 23 March 2008

ALLELUIA!!!

Here are my Easter Lilies. These are the only kind I allow into my house since I have a cat who cannot resist nibbling on flower petals and these happen to be one of the most poisonous flowers that kitties can get into.

Plus, while Easter Lilies are very beautiful, I, like many people, can't help but think of funeral parlours whenever I smell them!

But when you have them like this in a drawing, they do make a beautiful greeting card -- especially at Easter!

This next item is the photo (with a few additions of mine) that I promised to show you of the REAL Easter bunny. Believe me, this is the one who lays only the beautifully decorated eggs that are solid chocolate inside. Yum!

Chocolate Easter eggs are one of the nicest things about Lent being over.

Here, by the way, are the particulars about this cute little bunny rabbit:

He weighs in at 22 pounds and measures a little over 3 feet. A breed of rabbit called German giant (how appropriate!). This is his owner, Hans Wagner, struggling to hold him up. From the NY Post article: I don't feed him an unusual diet, said Wagner. He goes through more than his brothers and sisters, but he eats the same food mix. His favorite food is actually lettuce. He can never get enough of it. !



Now, finally tonight, I want to show you the latest version of my "Free Tibet" drawing.


I got some good suggestions, as always, from reader, Brenda W., and I used her comments to made some changes. However, no one has yet to say anything about the one item I need help with the most: the sign.

So, I just left it blank this time. Originally, the sign said something like "Let Me Speak Tibetan" which is one of the rights that has been taken away from the Tibetan people over the past 50 years.

But with the way things are continuing and the ever-increasing level of violence, that somehow no longer seems sufficient.

The sign that has the Dalai Lama's picture and the word "RESPECT" is OK, I think, since the Chinese continue to accuse him so wrongfully. And the sign that is hidden partially that says "Free Tibet" is all right. But what should this young monk be saying? "Boycott the Olympics"? But the Dalai Lama is opposed to an outright boycott but might encourage non-participation in the parades, etc.

I need help with this. Please put on your thinking caps and contact me at sallie@ican.net


Meanwhile, Easter Blessings to you all and above all
PEACE.

No comments: