Wednesday, 19 March 2008

A Colourful Collection

Before I get to this latest icon, I have a question for you: "Are you are member of Generation Y?" To find the definitive answer to this question, see the drawing at the bottom of this particular posting!


Now to my latest icon.

I came across a similar icon in some old papers I had saved. I have no idea where they came from originally but I am glad that I saved them. The icon that gave me the idea for this one was not even labelled so I can't even tell you what it was called or its origin. One of the things that drew my attention to it immediately was the hand touching the chin followed by those chubby, little legs!

I ended up calling it "Our Lady of the Tender Moment".

The most unusual aspect of this icon has to do with the colours I chose. As you know by now, I have a difficult time limiting myself to a narrow palette of colours and I am constantly tempted to experiment. As you also know, sometimes such experimentation works and sometimes it doesn't! That is why I am always asking for your advice and opinions.



This next item is a postcard I received in the mail this week about an ongoing exhibit by the artist I have metioned to you who lives in New Mexico. This exhibit is of Zuni and Hopi inspired masks for collectors only. He is the same artist who made the Spirit Birds cross I told you about. His work is really excellent. If you want to see more of it, Taos Blue gallery has a web site at www.taosblue.com




And, here, my friends, is the definitive answer to whether you are a member of Generation Y. If this is ever a back view of you -- especially when you are bending over or squatting down -- then you are a Gen Y regardless of the year in which you were born! [Just thought you might appreciate a bit of humour for a change!]



For those of us who are Catholic (and related) Christians of the Western Church, today is the last day of Lent and tomorrow the first day of the Easter Triduum which begins with the Celebration of the Institution of the Lord's Supper.


My next day for posting an entry falls on Good Friday. I hope to be able to post as usual. We'll see. Meanwhile, I wish you all much peace and joy whatever your faith may be.


No comments: