Monday, 31 March 2008

I Almost Forgot!

I almost forgot that this was the night for posting on my blog.


Part of the problem is this early Easter business once again.



Today we celebrated the Feast of the Annunciation -- when the Archangel Gabriel (see above) announced unto Mary that she would be the Mother of God. This Feast is normally celebrated on the 25Th of March. However, this year, because of the early Easter, the 25Th fell on the Tuesday following Easter Sunday. The Church can't celebrate anything but the Resurrection during that week so the Feast of the Annunciation got transferred to the 31st. Do you begin to see why I am confused?



Anyway, all is working out well and nothing has been forgotten. To quote Dame Julian of Norwich: "All shall be well and all shall be well and all manner of things shall be well."





I spent most of the weekend finishing off work for clients.


Remember my friend, Steve, who had asked me to do some drawings of his sons? Well, they are finished now.

The one above is of the twins (fraternal) when they were teenagers and the one below is when they were much younger, obviously.

Altogether, I had a number of items to do for him.

I had to get the 5 art prints of mine put on plaques and ready for hanging. I also was given an old photo of his grandfather that he wanted cleaned up a bit and mounted on a plaque. I did an arrangement of family photographs for him to display. The only things I have left now are finding the right kind of paper for reprinting his university degree and getting his approval on a World Religions collage he asked me to create.



The other job I have been working on is for a local opera company. They are preparing a production of "The Marriage of Figaro" as I may have mentioned previously.


I have been busily drawing a "portrait" of the duke which needs to look like the person who is performing that part. It has been great fun doing research on 18Th century silk coats and ruffled shirts as well as white wigs and side curls for men!


Once I have gotten further along with the drawing, I will give you a look at it so you can see what you think of my fashion choices.



So I come to the end of another posting and we all come to the end of another month. How quickly the days fly by.


May peace be with us all.



No comments: