Wednesday, 5 March 2008

Strange Trees

While searching through my papers last weekend, I also came across this "treasure" which I had cut from the Toronto Star back in 2004.

Entitled "Jewelry for the House", the sculptor spent over a year creating these two steel and copper trees in the front yard of a rural Pennsylvania house. I guess the most positive thing you could say about them is that you would never have to rake the leaves!

The obvious question for me is "why"? Why would you go to all that trouble and expense when you are living in a place where trees grow so easily? Why would you opt for steel and copper which don't clean the atmosphere in one of the most polluted parts of the northeast?

Oh, well....




This next picture is a very recent drawing of mine. If it has a title, I guess it would be "Steve's Boys".

This is one of the drawings in a series of items I am working on for a friend of mine. His sons are grown and he would like to have some of his small photos made into large drawings that he could hang on the wall. This is the first draft of the first drawing of the first photo. You will be seeing more of these lads in the days ahead.

I have had some recent feedback from a couple of my regular readers and I want to say thank you. Even though I know people are reading what I write, when I don't hear from anyone for days at a time, I truly do begin to feel as though everything is lost somewhere out in cyberspace -- including me!

Hope you are on your way to where there is warm sunshine and no snow or are there already. Spare a thought or two for those of us stuck in the snow and expecting more tomorrow!

Peace be with you all.



No comments: