Monday, 28 April 2008

Bedbugs!

Please don't be too shocked by tonight's title.



I do not have bedbugs; however, we here in Toronto, like many urban areas these days, are having a bedbug "epidemic".



So, this evening at 7, I will be attending a co-op general meeting about bedbugs.



I tell you all this by way of explaining why I am writing my blog a little after 5 p.m. instead of my usual later evening hour -- just in case anybody noticed.



I could take that thought a bit further and do that self-pity thing I do so well and say: just in case anybody happens to even be reading my blog!





The drawing at the beginning, by the way, is entitled "Dock in Sunlight" and is one of the last things I was working on prior to the great crash of a week ago. Fortunately, it was salvageable and I finished it this weekend.



It's not a drawing that I am particularly fond of, but I had fun trying to see how many little "pretty" extras I could add. I really got carried away with the flowers once I decided to throw in some clip art ones.





Today is a day of mourning for all those who have died in industrial accidents.





















you should be able to light a candle online. I checked it out earlier and found that it was not responding properly. If you click on the WSIB option, you can read all about the history of the day of mourning and even download the poster. I contacted the webmaster, so maybe by the time you read this, you will be able to light a candle. Another Ontario worker died accidentally just last week.

I used the saying from the inside of my Solidarity cards to bracket the poster as it seems to me to be very fitting for the occasion.






Well, I shall get myself ready and then I will be off to learn more about the friendly bedbugs and how fond they are of our blood. You know, all those years as a child, when my mother said goodnight, she almost always added "sleep tight and don't let the bedbugs bite". I had no idea she was serious!!


Hopefully I will never experience them for real.






Peace be with you.

No comments: