Tuesday, 8 April 2008

Doubles

I have been working on a different technique lately at the request of the person who ordered the portrait of the Count in The Marriage of Figaro.

I included my latest version as well as the version I had shown you previously.
In the first version, I had simply drawn the image as I usually do -- letting lines signify the various important items of the drawing.
The client requested that I try to make the portrait look a bit more like a painting with something approaching shading where the lines would normally be.
If I were using sophisticated software, I could just use the built-in paint brushes I have heard about and really make it look like a painting. However, I have never been able to understand enough of what the instructions are talking about to learn my own software! Maybe one of these days.
Anyway, take a look at what I did and see what you think.

The original drawing is just included for easy comparison. As you can see, I also changed the background at the request of the client.

The next set of double I want to show you are my latest Solidarity cards. I know everyone must be getting tired of them, but I just wanted to show you how they are gradually expanding.


I have finally gotten permission from the client to do this simple form of the Spanish for one set along with the regular set in English.

So, now we are putting a message on the inside as well -- English in the English card and Spanish in the Spanish.

These are nice union people I am doing this for, so the message reads:














So, as you can see, I am doing lots of work but it is not as glamorous as usual. I enjoy it very much however since it is creative.
I am working on a new and very different icon which I may be able to show you sometime next week.
Right now I feel as though I had better get back to work as I have another client coming over on Friday and I need to make certain that all of his work is finished.
May peace be with you.

No comments: