Wednesday, 16 April 2008

Stairway to Somewhere

For some reason I have been thinking about stairways today.

I'm can't really imagine why. I mean, I can no longer climb stairs myself -- not even very low stairs -- but I still enjoy thinking about them.


Take a look at the photo above.

I don't know where these stairs are located, but the picture was taken by my cousins, Ron and Sharon, who live in Tennessee and take absolutely beautiful photographs. See http://www.aronsha.com/home.cfm


This next photo was taken by someone I once knew when she was on a trip in the former Yugoslavia -- I think this was in Croatia.

To me it is so typical of southern Europe -- so appealing and so totally inaccessible to anyone in a wheelchair! Oh, well, I can still sit at the bottom and enjoy looking up.



This interesting picture was taken by a dear friend. I think it may be some location in northeastern North America -- maybe Vermont, but I am really not at all sure.


It is not as appealing to me as a closed-in stairway or a dark stairway that leads to sunlight but I do love the trees on each side. In time, they may get big enough to give the feeling of shadowy depths that I like so much.

Finally, there is a piece of clip-art that I have used on occasion as the background for portraits of young people and children.


The shadowy stairway leading somewhere suggests a young life full of unknown potential.

Perhaps this is why I was thinking about stairways in the first place.

I had a meeting with a delightful young couple today who are starting out on a very important aspect of Life's journey -- climbing their own stairway to somewhere wonderful.


Peace be with you all.

No comments: