Sunday, 18 May 2008

Revisions


I just wanted to show you some of my most recent revisions.


In the drawing above of Christian, I revised it using my new portrait technique which I developed while working on the Count from the Marriage of Figaro.



In this recent icon of Christ in the Garden of Gethsamane, I removed the chalice hanging in the air since it seemed to be a distraction to viewers -- plus it really did not belong there, artistically speaking, anyway.


"Holy Family, Sweet Tenderness" has had a few revisions -- all of them of the Christ figure. His clothing colours have been changed from red to red/gold. His mouth has been made smaller and less colourful.




The face of "Christ the Teacher" has been changed in an effort to make it a bit more balanced. I was never really satisfied with the hairline so that was the main area I focussed on.



Now it's back to work for me.




Peace.

No comments: