Tuesday, 17 June 2008

Flower Bells

Here is a little drawing I did last week.

It is a close-up of bell-shaped flowers. The common name for them is "Crown Imperial" which is what I also named the drawing.

The Latin name is fritillaria imperalis geophyte.

Interestingly, I had drawn a grouping of bell-shaped flowers 3 or 4 years ago. I worked from a magazine photo which did not give the names of the plants in the picture.



So, my title for the drawing was "Ring them Bells".

It looks to me as though I was drawing a pot full of Crown Imperials without knowing it!


I am posting this early today as I don't think I will be able to stay up for too much longer. I have gotten another infection and started a new round of antibiotics today. This has left me feeling very sleepy as I have been unable to sleep properly for the past few nights.

At any rate, I will be posting again on the 19th and expect to be back to normal by then. Maybe I will even have another drawing ready to show you.



Blessings and peace to you all.

No comments: