Wednesday, 11 June 2008

Love

The images of Christ as the Good Shepherd have always spoken to me of love and that is very much what I focused on while working on this newest icon.

I guess I will have to call it "The Good Shepherd, version 2" as this is my second attempt at drawing one of my favourite illustrations of the love of God.

I was also thinking very much of the young people I work with who are preparing for marriage.

I am privileged to witness so many variations of love -- of people growing in love for one another in all sorts of beautiful ways.

I just finished a session this evening and I am feeling truly blessed and very aware of the Good Shepherd who "leads his flock and carries the lambs in his arms."

I am also very tired and so I wish you all a restful and peaceful night.




No comments: