Thursday, 19 June 2008

The Teacher

Here is a new version of the Christ the Teacher icon. I am simply calling it "The Teacher".

The original icon I was working from had the text in the open book in Greek. However, since my knowledge of New Testament Greek is limited to the alphabet and about 10 actual words, I inserted some English text instead!

The quote is from one of my favourite sections in all of the Gospels -- the 6th chapter of St. John's Gospel. It reads: "I am the living bread which came down from Heaven; whoever eats this bread will live forever."

I have had a couple of emails in response to my comments in the previous post about not feeling too well. Thank you so very much.

I am still fighting an infection but the antibiotics are doing their magic and so I am feeling much better. Hopefully, I will soon be back to my usual state!

Meanwhile, I, along with the rest of the people in Ontario, am waiting for summer to begin. Technically, summer will start tomorrow night, but until the weather acts like summer, it won't seem real to me. Sunny and 75 would be lovely!

Peace be with you.

No comments: