Friday, 25 July 2008

And Even More Bears!

I really do not understand why there are so many bears in my life these days, but it seems that every time I turn around, there is another message about bears or photos of same.

The image above is a photo I was playing with. I like the overall effect I have created. I am calling it: "Excuse me, but I think you are sitting in my snowbank!"

These next two photos were in an email that a friend sent to me. The subject line for the email was "Hey, Ma, where's my dinner?"





I am a member of an organization called ZooCheck Canada. They are very concerned about zoo animals and the ethics of keeping wild animals in captivity.


I received an email from them today in which they told about an upcoming evening in September where authors of books about animals will be speaking.

One of the authors they mentioned was a woman by the name of Else Poulsen. She has written a book (soon to be released) entitled: "Smiling Bears: A Zookeeper Discovers the Emotional Lives of Bears".

I wouldn't mind hearing her speak or reading her book. I guess bears are supposed to be my newest favourite animal!

Peace be with you.

No comments: