Thursday, 31 July 2008

Family Traditions

This is a drawing of some family's home. It looks like a place that I would have enjoyed living -- a comfortable looking house, nice outbuildings with pasture and a beautiful view.

That's actually what I named my drawing: "What A View".

Family traditions not only include the place where you live and how you live -- they also include the family's religious beliefs.

My religious beliefs include the Sacrament of Baptism as fundamental to my faith life and traditions.

This past Sunday, I attended the Baptism of the "first-born son" of some young friends of mine. Below are a few pictures of the event.



Here are the parents with the deacon who presided at the Baptism. He is holding their little son who is named Sean Michael.

Here is Sean Michael with his mother and his "Aunt" Sallie. He was very well behaved and grabbed onto my hand while we had a delightful conversation!


Here is another picture of Sean Michael with his "Aunt" Sallie. You can see his handsome face a bit more clearly in this one.
As everyone is well aware, today is the last day of July, 2008. I find it so difficult to believe that summer is only about seven weeks from being over!
Enjoy it while you can.
May you all have a happy and peaceful August.

No comments: