Thursday, 3 July 2008

What Have I Done?

Here is my latest icon. It is entitled "Extreme Humility". The proper title should be "Christ the Bridegroom" (O Nymphios in Greek) but I prefer my title.

My choice for the title is inspired by the canticle found in St. Paul's Letter to the Philippians (2:6-11) where he writes of Christ: "...and it was thus that he humbled himself, obediently accepting even death, death on a cross!"

Now for an explanation of the title for this posting.

The other night, I happened to decide to take a look and see what had been collected in my Picasa Web Album. This album is something I signed up for long ago but which I have basically ignored.

Well, when I looked at it, I discovered that there were all sorts of duplicate copies of drawings that I have posted over the past 10 months. Being a neatness freak, I thought, "well this needs to be cleaned up".

I selected a whole bunch of duplicates and pressed the delete key. A warning box came up which I basically ignored as I assumed it was just the usual question about "do you really want to do this?"

However, I then decided to delete a few more and this time when the warning box appeared, I happened to read it. It said that if you delete these pictures from Picasa they will be deleted from your blog!

I nearly had heart failure but managed to hit the cancel key.

I spent the next hour trying to find the pictures that I had originally deleted. I even went through all the information in Picasa Help and followed all their instructions for retrieving things -- all to no avail.

I simply could not find them anywhere.

Now I am afraid to look at my previous entries for fear that things have been deleted.

Of course, there is also the possibility that since I don't have Picasa actually inserted into my blog that the warning message doesn't apply to me. I don't know and I am afraid to find out!

So, if you are looking through my earlier postings and there seems to be pictures missing, I guess you had better let me know.

What have I done?!!

Well, peace be with you anyway.

No comments: