Tuesday, 12 August 2008

Youth and Old Age

I have noticed as I have gotten older how I find it increasingly pleasurable to watch babies and young children.

The beauty of a baby, the curiosity of a two-year -old and the lack of self awareness of a three-year-old as they play "let's pretend" are heart-warming.

Slightly older children, like the ones I have drawn in these two drawings, I also find very appealing.

The first drawing is called "Girl with a Puppy". The second drawing is entitled, "A Curious Boy".




I was thinking about age tonight not only because I have been working on these two drawings, but also because today's is a friend's birthday.

My friend, Billie, is 80 years old today. A group of us will be celebrating with her on Saturday, but today is her actual birthday.

She is 13 years older than I am and thinking of that leaves me wondering if I will live to celebrate 80 years!

Peace be with you all.

No comments: