Thursday, 25 September 2008

Calla Lilies and Beetles

Like many people, I love the look of Calla Lilies.

These especially attracted me because of their colour.


I named the drawing "Calla Burgundy" even though they are more deep red than burgundy.





I spent a lot of time drawing the centre of this simple flower just so that the guest of honour would have a nicely drawn area to sit!


The guest of honour is a Checkered Beetle. I wondered about the name and decided that maybe it was called that because it vaguely resembles a black and red checker board!

This has been a very tiring day for me as a friend was helping me clean out my closets. It is truly amazing how much junk we accumulate and then totally forget about. The cleaning process was like an archaeological dig!

So it is early to bed for me.

May peace be with you all.

No comments: