Tuesday, 9 September 2008

Flowers Again

As you can see, I have been drawing flowers again.

You may recognize this first one as the lowly "Nasturtium" with a bit of a creeper on one side. I have always loved the leaves of this plant as well as the bright orange colour of the flower petals when the sun hits them.



This second drawing is very interesting to me.

It is my rendition of the "Borage" plant. It is a strange looking creature with all its hairy-ness.

It has also been used throughout the centuries for medicinal purposes. If you are interested, take a look on the Internet at all the different things it is supposedly good for. I became acquainted with it back in the days when I was suffering from hot flashes!


I don't have much to say tonight as I am very sleepy. I shouldn't be as I got a decent amount of sleep last night -- but I am.

It may be the much cooler weather that has suddenly appeared or it could be all the rain we have been having for the past two days. Whatever it is, I think it is going to be an early night!


Peace be with you.

No comments: