Monday, 1 September 2008

Perspective

It is difficult for me to describe the pleasure that drawings with obvious perspective and sharp reflections give me.

I do not know why this is -- is probably says something about the type of person I am.

Be that as it may, I am very pleased with this recent drawing entitled: "Les Quatre Vents Pigeonnier" .

The moment I saw the photograph, I knew I just had to try to draw it. Once I started drawing, I really did not want to stop and finally had to force myself to turn off the computer and go to bed.

I remember years ago when I would be working on an oil painting, I would suddenly feel a bit tired and only then notice that it was 5 a.m. and almost time to start getting ready for work!


Of course, I was younger then and could handle going without a night's sleep occasionally -- not now!

Anyway, I finished the above drawing in two days by doing almost nothing else except working on it.

It pleases me so much that I find myself looking at it every day. That is not to say that it is a great drawing -- it is not; however, I just love to look at the "neatness" of the major image set among all that green.

Hope you like it too.


Peace be with you.

No comments: