Thursday, 11 September 2008

Remembering

Here we are -- seven years later -- remembering the tragedy of 9/11 and all the killing and dying that has happened since because of that day.

Above is a icon that I have just recently finished depicting the Guardian Angel.


This image represents that special angel we are each assigned at the moment of conception. That angel that is with us every moment of every day of our lives -- whether we live to be 110 or die young at the hands of terrorists.

Our guardian angels, I believe, are not primarily assigned the duty of protecting us from the suffering which is part of all human existence; rather, their main task is to help us make it home to Heaven.



This second icon is not that new but it is one that I don't believe I have ever shown you before.

It is entitled "Holy Tenderness" and is quite similar to one I showed you back in early August in which I used the same colour scheme.


This is another in the series of tenderness/sweet kissing icons. I have now drawn about half a dozen of these and will probably draw even more in the days to come.

This design showing Our Lady holding the Christ Child so protectively gives me a feeling of safety.


These icons seemed to me to be the right ones to show on this special day of remembering.


May we all someday know true peace throughout the whole earth.

No comments: