Wednesday, 3 September 2008

Visitations

The first visitation I want to talk about tonight is the traditional one: the visitation of Blessed Mary to her cousin, Elizabeth. When Mary's greeting sounded in the ears of Elizabeth, the baby is Elizabeth's womb leapt for joy (this was the future St. John the Baptist).

I started working on this icon soon after finishing the one of the Annunciation which I showed you a week or so ago.


Anyway, this icon commemorates a very special visit.

The following three images are photos taken when I made a visit to St. Edith Stein Catholic Church for the blessing of the icons.


This first photo shows me sitting with two very dear friends during the Holy Mass preceding the blessing of the icons.

This second photo shows the beautiful setting in which the icons were placed during the Mass in preparation for the blessing.


This third photo shows me standing in front of the altar at the end of the Mass after the blessing of the icons.
My dear friend, Eugene, kindly brought me these and several other photographs today as mementos of the event. The photos were taken by his good friend, Glen.
Seeing the pictures reminds of me what a special event that was and how happy I am that the icons are now available to the parish to help them in their devotional life.
Peace be with you all.

No comments: