Monday, 27 October 2008

Flowers and Bears

More flowers!

I keep telling myself that I am going to give plants and flowers a rest for a while, but then I see a new photo and I just can't resist.


This drawing is named "Yellow" because both the roses and calla lilies are various shades of that colour. Wow! I am so clever at giving names to my drawings!

Tonight, however, you not only get flowers -- you get another old favourite: bears.


Here are some young Pandas freely frolicking (sorry, I couldn't resist) while in the background is their favourite food: bamboo leaves and shoots.

I call this drawing "The Panda Tree".

Next, is a drawing of (don't groan) polar bears.


As you know, I keep trying to draw these beautiful bears (I know they can be a nuisance up north, but they are still beautiful). One of these days I am going to finally do a really decent drawing of them -- at least that is what I keep telling myself.

This one is entitled "Mama Bear"


I am continuing to work on a new icon -- another one in my Rosary series. I spent many, many hours, alone and in silence, working on it over the weekend. I only went out to go to Mass on Sunday. It is amazing how totally absorbed I can become in this kind of art work. I am sure the subject matter has something to do with it.


May peace be with you all.

No comments: