Tuesday, 7 October 2008

Twelve Angels

Here is a new icon of Our Lady, the Child Jesus and twelve angels. My title is "Our Lady, Queen of Angels".

I don't know how many of my readers are familiar with the "mysteries" of the Rosary, but for those of you who aren't, I will just mention that the fifth Glorious Mystery is concerned with the crowning of Our Lady in Heaven as Queen.


The reason I am so conscious of the Rosary tonight is that today is the Feast of Our Lady of the Rosary.

There are actually 20 "mysteries" of the Rosary and it seems, as a friend pointed out to me recently, that I am in the process of drawing icons of all 20! I think I have about 7 or 8 more to go before I will have completed them all.

I love the prayers of the Rosary so I guess it is not surprising that I would subconsciously end up choosing to draw icons that are associated with those prayers.

So, having pointed that out, I think I will now get back to working on the next icon!

Peace be with you all.

No comments: