Sunday, 16 November 2008

Climbing, Running & Sitting Still

As you can see, I have been playing again -- taking a break from the iconography.

This first drawing is of a Clematis vine which is climbing up a fence. I get such pleasure from drawing flowers and leaves. I get frustrated at times drawing them on the computer since my palette is limited so I am unable to give the petals the shading and variation I would like.


This next drawing is of a mother Impala with her two babies -- they appear to be running away from something -- probably a lion or other predator.

I am not really satisfied with the drawing of the actual Impalas -- it's hard to draw them accurately when they are running so fast! For those of you who are neither groaning or chuckling at my last comment, I will just say that it is an old artists' joke which does not get any better with the telling. Hey, I just realized: an old artist just told an old artists' joke! Now you can groan.




This final drawing is another effort of a Toronto skyline. I came across a picture of Toronto from last winter when there were clumps of ice in the water so I decided to try to draw it.

Actually, it was good timing since we had snow flurries today with promises of more snow to come before next weekend!


I must admit, I do enjoy this time of year when I have to stay in my warm, cozy home while it snows outside -- just me and miz k.d. I am so blessed to have a warm, comfortable home and not a day passes that I don't express my gratitude.

Well, it is back to the current icon. Just one more after this one and all 20 will be done!

May peace be with you all.

No comments: