Wednesday, 26 November 2008

Maybe now I'm Finished!

I was never really satisfied with the original drawing I did of the "carrying of the cross" (the 4th Sorrowful Mystery).



It seemed to me to be more rocks than anything else and the action itself was difficult to see -- or so it seemed to me.



At any rate, I have been working feverishly on a new version of this icon which you see above. I find it speaks to me more clearly of what is taking place -- plus our Blessed Mother, St. John and St. Mary Magdalene are important elements as I feel they should be.



If you don't recall the story of this icon, look back to October 25th for all the details.


Here is the original drawing. I would welcome any comments from you guys, pro or con, regarding my final choice for which one I will use as part of the 20 Rosary icons.



I am still not feeling too great so I will keep this short. I am including a notice about the War Resisters' activities if you are interested. If not, stop reading here!

May peace be with you.




AFTER THE ELECTIONS STOP THE DEPORTATIONS OF U.S. IRAQ WAR RESISTERS


Iraq War "was absolutely an error"
–Stephen Harper



Iraq War "was a tragic mistake"
–Barack Obama



WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 3, 7pm STEELWORKERS HALL, 25 CECIL ST


Canada’s Prime Minister, the American President-Elect, and a majority of people in both countries agree the Iraq War was wrong. Yet soldiers who refused to fight in Iraq continue facing deportation from Canada and jail in the US. Hear US Iraq war resisters and their families speak about their campaign for refuge in Canada, and what you can do to help stop the deportations.


Speakers:


Deported war resister, Robin Long, speaking from jail in the US.

War resisters and their families living in Canada: Jeremy Hinzman and NgaNguyen, Patrick and Jill Hart, and DeanWalcott.

Member of Iraq Veterans Against the War, Adam Kokesh, speaking from the US.


Followed by benefit concert:

Chloe Watkinson and the Crossroads, Grossman’s Tavern, 379 Spadina Ave.


Organized by the War Resisters Support Campaign

(http://www.resisters.ca/)

No comments: