Monday, 24 November 2008

Nothing Special

I am not feeling all that great tonight, but I did want to post a little something.

This first drawing is one that I have liked ever since I saw the photograph posted on the Internet. I think I wanted to draw it because it always made me think of the old folk song: "Froggie went a Courtin" which is the title I have given it.

I used to love that song when I was a child and one version we sang started off like this:

"Froggie went a courtin’ and he did ride, uh-huh, uh-huh
Froggie went a courtin’ and he did ride, uh-huh, uh-huh
Froggie went a courtin’ and he did ride, floatin’ on the waves
In a Lily cup, uh-huh, uh-huh, uh-huh."

The "Lily cup" reference could have been either the cup that some lilies make with their flower or it could have been a paper cup of the type which we called Lily cups since they were made by the Lily Company and had their name printed on the side.

This next drawing is nothing special but it keeps with the theme since these are "Tiger Lilies". This is the name I have given the drawing as well.

Now I think I will go and drown my sorrows in a cup of coffee!


Peace be with you all.

No comments: