Saturday, 8 November 2008

Old and New

This first drawing is an old one -- I mean really old like 2005 or early 2006. I have posted it before as an example of something I almost deleted and certainly never finished.

But then I had a request from a friend this week to include this drawing in the set of cards she ordered! So I finished it off and even gave it a slightly different name. I now call it "Girl on a Bench" (the previous title was Girl by the Lake!).

I guess it is an OK drawing, it's just that I got lost somehow when it came time to do all the tree branches. They are still not to my satisfaction, but at least I filled the lake with water this time!

This next drawing is called "Cactus Flowers" and it is fairly new.

You see these flowers in places like Arizona. They are so interesting as the "knobs" on the cactus pads actually blossom! It is really amazing. These flowers have always reminded me of fried eggs -- sunny side up!

I wish I could remember the name of the cactus plant, but my poor old mind is going blank. If you know, please send me a message. This is so embarrassing...


Here is another flower whose name I don't remember. My excuse is that it is an old drawing which I called "Red Flowers". This, of course, is no help at all in determining the actual name!

Once again, any help from you folks out there would be appreciated.


Did any of you happen to notice the interesting comment I got on the "Creation" entry I did last week. Those of you who know about my devotion to Christ as the Bread of Life will find the comments particularly interesting.


I heard the weather forecaster giving wind chill values for tomorrow morning. It seems that just about the time I plan to be going out (9:30 a.m.) the temperature will be 4 above (that's Celsius) but will feel like -1 degrees with the wind chill. Brrrr.


Well, it is time to get back to work on my current Rosary icon. May you all have a peaceful night.

No comments: