Thursday, 18 December 2008

Daniel's 4th Birthday

As many of you know, Daniel is one of my grand-nephews. He turned 4 years old on December 14 -- we share a birthday!

I have drawn several pictures of him, but my favourite remains this first drawing. There were several photos taken when he was learning to walk and using about three of them, I managed to end up with a really satisfactory drawing.



Daniel and his family drive to Florida every summer for a stay at the beach. Daniel loves playing in the water. This drawing was just a quick sketch I did in an effort to capture the pleasurable concentration evident in his posture. I needed to go back and really finish it but have never gotten around to it. One of these days...

These next three photos were taken by my brother-in-law at Daniel's birthday party this past weekend.
In the first one, he is being presented with his cake. Isn't that a great-looking cake?!!



Here Daniel is reaching for the cake and/or the candle. Fortunately, adult hands are there to prevent an accident. The man on your left is my nephew, Daniel's father, while the man on your right is one of Daniel's grandfathers.



Unfortunately, Daniel managed to get his hand into the icing after all and now mom is trying to clean him up. Like a typical boy, he is not the least bit interested in soap and water. "Aw, mom, I'll just lick it clean in a few minutes!"

I got all the details about his birthday party from my sister, his grandmother -- who, by the way, was so excited about her grandson's birthday that she forgot all about mine! Oh, well, a grandson turning 4 doesn't happen every day.
Peace be with you all.

No comments: