Tuesday, 2 December 2008

Flowers and Horses

Well, here is my first posting for December, 2008 -- the month of my birthday, of Christmas and the ending of another year. Hard to believe...


And here I am back with some flowers and another attempt at drawing horses! One of these days I am determined that I will actually draw a horse that I feel satisfied about.


This first drawing is of a vine called "Common Allamanda". It turned out looking very shadowy -- the way some vines look when they haven't been cut back for a long time. I like the look of it -- dense growth with yellow flowers.



This next drawing is of another flowering vine (I'm fixated on vines lately). This one is called "Bengal Clock Vine". I would be very interested in knowing how on earth it got that name. I will have to do a bit of research and see what I come up with.




And finally we have the horses. I am calling this one "Horses Running" -- see, I haven't lost my touch for creative names!


I truly believe that if I keep working at it one of these days I will get the feet and legs exactly right. Time will tell.


By the way, I am still waiting for comments about which of the four Nativity icons (see Nov. 30 posting) I should use. So far I have received two votes. I am really hoping I will get a few more to help me to make up my mind.

Peace be with you all.

No comments: