Thursday, 29 January 2009

Family Time


I only have one drawing to show you tonight and that is the almost finished icon above.

This is, of course, the Holy Family at Nazareth.


I still have to put in the Greek designations for Jesus Christ, His Mother Mary and St. Joseph. I also want to put the title of the icon at the top of the drawing -- hopefully in Greek as well.

I need to spend a bit more time working on some of the details in the drawing. I want to do a better job on the handmade saw hanging in the storage alcove. Right now, you really can't tell what it is supposed to be!

This is certainly not an ordinary topic for an icon but there is no reason not to picture the Holy Family in this manner as far as I am concerned. As you know from my earlier work, the Holy Family is usually pictured in a close grouping creating a circle of arms with hands touching.

I will show this one to you again when I feel it is completely finished.

Meanwhile, I am working on another icon of an unusual subject. Plus, I have almost completed two more flower drawings. I will be showing all of these to you sometime soon I hope.

I am feeling tired and cold tonight and I think I hear my bed calling.
May all of you have a warm and restful night.
Peace be with you.

No comments: