Saturday, 17 January 2009

Reminders of Spring

The first drawing tonight is of an unknown flower. My Alabama friend sent me the photograph, but he wasn't sure of the name of this flower either!

To me it looks a little bit like a Bromeliad, but not really. So, I am calling the drawing "The Unknown Flower". If any of you out there know what it could be, please let me know.

The second drawing tonight is of a butterfly on a flower, feeding.

I am calling this drawing "Michael's Butterfly" because my friend, Michael, sent me the photo that I worked from.


I am not sure of the exact angle from which the photo was taken, but I drew it as though the viewer was squatting down, looking upwards.


This third drawing is a very simple picture of a mother Swan and her two babies.

I am calling this drawing "Mama and Babies".


So, as you can see, these are all reminders of Spring: flowers blooming, butterflies feeding and mother animals having babies. If I look out my window, I can see the snow falling. It is supposed to continue snowing all night. This is definitely not Spring.

Well, as I have said before, I am very grateful for my warm place to live.

I hope you are all safe and warm tonight. May peace be with you.

No comments: