Saturday, 14 February 2009

Happy Valentine's Day

There are no drawings of mine to show you tonight, just some mementos of a wonderful Valentine's Day.

My friend, Eugene and his good friend, picked me up about 11:30 a.m. and off we went to Eugene's place. I had wanted to see his apartment for some time because he has a number of my icons he has purchased over the past few years hanging on his walls.


As well, he was preparing lunch for the three of us and he has a reputation as a very good cook. Also, since he is also clever with the computer, he had prepared a menu for us. The picture above with its heading was printed on quality paper and followed by the "menu".


Here is the menu.

Look at all those delicious foods! The rice dish was something new Eugene had tried and it was absolutely delicious. In fact, the whole meal was better than many restaurants to which I have been.

One of the items left off the menu were triangles of Pita bread with a dipping sauce of Balsamic vinegar and extra-virgin olive oil next to each plate. Very nice touch.


Before eating, we sat in the living room and visited while consuming various beverages and delicious appetizers (see menu above).

Then we moved to the dining area where we ate and talked and ate and talked for quite some time

After we finished the meal, we retired to the living room again, this time for desert and cappuccinos.

The funniest part of the "menu" that Eugene had given each one of us was the photo on the back. (see below). It was totally unexpected after all the seriousness of the previous pages and I let out a real hoot when I saw it



I asked to meet the chef, but Eugene claimed that he had already done his work and left. I don't know if I believe him or not since this type of chef usually eats everything in the kitchen prior to leaving and we had plenty of food!

After some more time of visiting (one of my favourite things), Eugene and his friend drove me home. As I sit here writing this, I am still feeling very full and satisfied from the gift of a lovely St. Valentine's Day.


One thing you may not realize is that I was finally able to go and visit Eugene because I can now, for the first time in 10 years, go places without using my wheelchair! I have to use a rollator/walker, but it can easily be folded and put in the trunk while I, with a bit of help, can now get in and out of cars once again.

How can I not be grateful with so many wonderful things happening to me?!

Wishing you all a peaceful and happy evening.

No comments: