Sunday, 22 February 2009

Shades of Pink

It seems like everything I want to show you tonight has pink as a dominant colour!

The drawing above is simply called "Begonias" for obvious reasons. This drawing was inspired by an excellent photograph taken by my friend, Hylott, in Birmingham.

The photo was so well balanced that all I had to do was draw what I saw and this is how it ended up.

I tried a different style background -- let me know if you like it.


Then recently, I came across a photo of a Hibiscus blossom in an article on Arizona of all places (seems like Arizona is popping up in all sorts of ways in my life recently). Anyway, I took a lot of liberties with the photograph and this is what I ended up with.

As for a name for this drawing, in my usual clever fashion, I am calling it "Hibiscus Blossom". Sometimes I amaze myself with my ability to name things!!

Finally tonight, I am including the icon I did of "The Last Supper" or "The Institution of the Eucharist". You will notice that even the icon has a number of different pink shades in it as well.

I have been reworking many of the so-called Rosary icons in preparation for putting them together in a book format. I have already had some subscriptions for the book as soon as it is available, but before I do it, I want each icon to be as "perfect" as I can get it.

It is difficult to tell how effective the changes are at this small size, but in the book each icon should be at least 5 x 7 inches. I will tell you more about this project if you are interested.

May you all have a restful night and a peace-filled day tomorrow.


No comments: