Saturday, 28 February 2009

A Snowy Month

Well, February has been an unusually snowy month this year -- so I thought I would celebrate its passing by posting two recent sketches that are full of snow!

Actually, I almost did not get this posting in before the month of February ended!!

I happened to take a glance at the TV channel EWTN earlier this evening just when a movie was beginning. Normally, I am not much of a movie watcher; however, this one was a French film with subtitles about one of my favourite saints and so I was immediately hooked.

By the time it ended and I was thinking about going to bed, it suddenly dawned on me that I had not posted in my blog tonight as planned. So this will be brief.

The drawing at the beginning -- of a bridge over a frozen stream -- is called "Reconciliation". I am not sure why I called it that -- maybe because a bridge is something that brings two sides together. The photo that inspired the sketch was in a calendar and it appealed to me because it was unusual looking.


This second drawing is from some magazine I was glancing through. I decided to name it "A Snowy Birthday Party". Those sticks in the mound of snow between the child and the snow-person are supposed to represent birthday candles and the mound of snow represents the cake. There are six pretend candles in the pretend cake!

Here is hoping that March will be less snowy than February and that spring will arrive early for once up here in the frozen north. Meanwhile, I hope everyone is someplace warm tonight.

By the way, I still haven't received any comments about the drawings on which I requested your opinions. Please give it a try.

Wishing you all a peaceful night.


No comments: