Wednesday, 29 April 2009

Another Month Ends

Well, tomorrow is the last day of April -- another month ends. How quickly the time passes. I recall listening to my elderly relatives when I was a teenager as they talked about how quickly the time passed and I couldn't understand what they were talking about. I mean it seemed to me like an eternity before the weekend would arrive and I would be able to go to the high school football game and the dance afterwards. It is interesting how the passage of time changes our perspective.

I have a new icon to show you tonight. I am calling it "Icon of Mother and Child : A study in blue". Actually, I did two versions of this icon. The first version has the traditional colouring of clothing for Our Lady and the Child Jesus. The second version, as you can see, has all the clothing in shades of blue and gold.

Actually, I am beginning to wonder if anyone out there is reading my postings any more. Maybe everyone is just looking at the pictures and ignoring the text. I have received a number of comments about the photo of me with my grandmother, but no one has made any suggestions regarding my next project -- which I asked for. Surely someone out there has some ideas to help pull me out of this dry spell. Or, maybe not. Maybe I am asking other people to do the work that I alone can do.

Peace be with you all.

No comments: