Wednesday, 15 April 2009

Feeling Flowery Again


Well, as you can easily see, I have been feeling flowery again.

The first drawing (above) is of a pink Azalea blossom and buds. I am calling the drawing "Pink Azalea". It took a lot of effort to come up with that title!

If I remember correctly, this drawing is the result of another couple of Hylott's photographs.



This second drawing is of a flower (and bud) called Cosmos and the title is so obvious that I won't even embarrass myself by telling you!

By the way, the leaves do not belong with the flower. I just felt like drawing big leaves for a background. Hope nobody minds.



Tonight's final drawing is of the Common Bluebell and, yes, the name of the drawing is "Common Bluebell".

It has been kind of relaxing to work on drawings of flowers in between time spent working on the book. Yes, the book is coming along quite nicely.

I now have all the drawings in place as well as the text that goes with each icon. The next major task is editing all the text once again. I did a quick edit when I was placing the text on the pages, but I need to read each page again and see how it fits in relation to the other pages. After I have done that, I am considering posting any text portions I feel still need more editing and asking you folks to help me figure out the best way to say things.

Speaking of the book, I think it is time to return to my editing.

May peace be with you all.

No comments: