Thursday, 23 April 2009

Good Timing


I haven't had time to look at the photos yet, but Hylott has sent me a bunch of new pictures of this springs' Foxglove flowers. At the same time, I had just finished drawing a picture of "Pink Foxglove" using a photograph from last year flowers!
Rather serendipitous, I think.

What this means, knowing the quality of Hylott's photographs, is that you will soon be seeing at least one more drawing of Foxglove. You can look forward to it!



This second drawing is of a flowering plant called "Indian Hawthorne" also known as "Pink Lady". Once again this drawing was done using a photograph that Hylott sent me.

I actually tried to do something a little different with this drawing -- it is a bit more impressionistic than my usual work. I am not sure what I think of it so perhaps some of you could help me out with your comments. Hint, hint!!



This last drawing is done using a picture from a magazine.

You know how I feel about horses and to find a picture of a young girl feeding oats to her favourite horse brought back all sorts of good memories for me. I decided to use the same name given the photo in the magazine which was "A Stable Relationship". After all, I too like puns.

Just to bring you up to date, I have pretty well finished the basic work on the book. I have printed off all the text pages and will be dropping them off to my friend, Patricia, who has agreed to do some proofing and editing for me. She does editing for a living and is a real expert. So, after that is done, I will get the company to print off a draft copy so I can see what works and what needs some tweaking. Then....

Wishing you all a restful night and a tomorrow full of peace.

No comments: