Monday, 13 April 2009

Just What I Promised


Back on April 3, I promised the following:
"Until then, you will be seeing more flowers, butterflies and horses."

Well, this is exactly what you will be seeing tonight!

First up, you have the drawing above which I am calling "Heart of Dahlia". So you are getting not the whole flower, just the "heart" of it. It is an unusual drawing -- not typical for me -- and I can't decide whether I really like it or not.



Next comes the horses... they should have been third, not second, but I can't be perfect all the time!

This drawing is call "Best Horsey Friends" and some of you may recall the photo that I was working from as it has been circulating on the Internet recently. I liked the photo a lot because of the challenges it presents in trying to draw horse heads in that position.

The most wonderful thing about it, however, is that there was an actual photograph of two horses loving each other this much.



And here is the butterfly. Just another one of my butterfly drawings although the colours and design of this one are somewhat different that the Monarchs I usually draw. I am calling it "Brown Butterfly."

I sometimes puzzle over what it is we like about butterflies. I guess it is their beautiful colours and patterns and the fact that they look so lovely when they fly. Also we usually see them on flowers which makes for a lovely backdrop. The truth is, of course, that they are really just flying bugs and like all bugs, they do some pretty disgusting (so it seems to us) things.

Oh well, no need to say nasty things about butterflies when they do look so lovely in a summer's meadow.

Meanwhile, I continue to spend a lot of time working on the book. Slowly but surely it is getting organized.

Oh, by the way, I got a photo of myself from a cousin last night which I will have to show you. It is difficult to believe that it is really me.

Peace be with us all.


No comments: