Friday, 17 April 2009

Money, Money


Don't get your hopes up -- I am not giving out money. But thanks to a photo from my friend, Hylott, I have been able to draw a picture of Money Plant blossoms, buds and leaves.

You may be saying to yourself, why is this called a Money Plant when there is nothing about it that looks like money. Well, the answer can be found in the photograph below.



What you see in the photo are the "leftovers" from the same Money Plant after the blossoms are gone. I am sure most of you recognize the dollar-size circles above since you usually see them in almost every dried arrangement of flowers and grasses. The seeds also look a bit like pennies to me.

So, next time you see those shiny, pearl-coloured disks in a flower arrangement, you will know where they come from.



The final item tonight is a drawing of Pansies -- which is also the name of the sketch! These are obviously a very bright and fancy variety. And, if I recall correctly, the photograph I worked from also came from Hylott. Thanks to him you get to see 2 interesting flower drawings.

Also, they make a bright ending to a very bright and warm day in Toronto. Our high today was almost 21 degrees (that's almost 70 degrees for you in the States). Tomorrow is supposed to be even warmer; however, on Sunday it will turn cool again. Oh, well, it is still too early for us to be having such warm weather full time. Hopefully by the 24th of May the weather will be warm every day.

Now it is time to get back to work on the book. It is coming along nicely. I will let you know when I am ready for your help proofreading.

Peace be with you all.

No comments: