Friday, 15 May 2009

Cats


Cats have always been a part of my life. Dogs also, but not nearly as much. I have a fondness and love for all creatures and all of creation, but cats, to me, are special creations of God -- it even seems to me that I can understand what they are thinking, sometimes.

The quickly done sketch above is entitled "Ain't Love Grand". The Calico is obviously female since all Calico cats are female. The "orange" tabby is the male. I am unsure what they are saying to one another, but it appears to me as though they are being very friendly!

Now, let me show you a picture of me with miz k.d. This photograph says a lot about my relationship with my companion kitty.



This photo was taken back in 1999 when I was recovering from surgery. I had to spend a lot of time in bed in those days and miz k.d. was in the habit of sleeping on my chest which I watched TV or rested.

However, she did not like to have her photo taken. So I knew that as soon as she heard the whine of the flash boosting up, she would most likely decide to go elsewhere. As my friend picked up the camera, I tightened my hold on miz k.d. You can see how my hands are gripping her. We managed to get the photo taken before I let her go as I never want to restrain any animal unnecessarily.

As you know I have done a number of drawings of cats. Just as with horses, I remain far from satisfied in the results. Maybe this is how it will always be; nevertheless, I will continue to try to do drawings whenever I come across a photo I think I can work from.

Right now miz k.d. is sleeping on my bed, waiting for me to join her. I am already feeling sleepy so I don't think she will have to wait too much longer.

In the meantime, let me wish you all a peaceful night.



No comments: