Friday, 22 May 2009

Is anybody out there?


Tonight's title refers to the fact that when I posted another old photo of me as a young lady on Wednesday, no one made a single comment. Never before have I posted a picture of myself when I was younger without getting at least one comment. So I began to wonder if there is anybody out there still reading my blog! I know some of you are very busy right now and a few are having to deal with illness, but surely, I thought, someone would have something to say. Oh, well ....

The drawing above is entitled "Bougainvillea Blossoms". These blossoms are so beautiful in design and colour -- pink, purple, white and gold. My drawing does not do them justice as I do not have the means on the computer to create that almost paper-like quality that the brightly coloured parts of the "blossoms" have. Hopefully, however, I have given an impression of the beauty of the blossoms.

Interestingly, this drawing was inspired by a photo from my Alabama friend, Hylott. Even though he is busily nursing his wife, Patsy, back to health after her surgery (thanks for all your prayers by the way), he had a bit of time to take a few photos and send them to me.


And here we have another photograph of me! This was taken on the day of my graduation from the University of Toronto, June, 1973. Considering that I started my university studies in 1959, I guess taking 15 years to graduate is not too bad! My studies were interrupted by such things as immigrating to Canada!

It will be interesting to see if there are any comments about this photo!

I am continuing to make progress on the Stations of the Cross. I have done more work on the one I showed you on Wednesday plus I am close to finishing the basic work on another -- Station X; Jesus is stripped of his garments. I hope to be able to show you the first draft of this one when I post this coming Sunday.

May peace be with you all.

No comments: