Monday, 11 May 2009

A Special Drawing


The drawing above is entitled "Pale Pink Azaleas". What makes it so special is that it is one of the favourite flowers of my friend, Hylott's, wife. He sent the photographs that I worked from in a recent email in which he set out the schedule for his wife's serious surgery and recovery. He, of course, asked for prayers.

Today was the day for her surgery.

I was thinking of Hylott and his wife on the weekend as I worked on this drawing and have thought of them many times throughout today. So, please join me in praying for them -- and those of you who don't pray, please send lots of positive energy out for Patsy in Birmingham, Alabama.



This second drawing is one I showed you previously a couple of months ago. It is called "Looking toward Eternity".

I included it tonight because it sort of expresses how I am feeling. I have had so many prayer requests lately for people who are seriously ill or dying that I've become ever more conscious of death and life after death.

There is so much we don't understand about the ending of this life. I, like many others, believe that life continues after bodily death. I believe that I was called into being by a loving Creator God and that like all of creation, I will continue to exist forever in some form or another. I don't try to comprehend what life will be like after I die -- any ideas are so hopelessly inane -- for how can I even imagine what life would be like apart from time and matter.

Sorry for rambling on this way -- I realize that some of you reading this have very different viewpoints. I think it's just that time of my life when more and more of my family and friends are approaching death -- which means that I am also getting that much closer myself!!

Oh, well, whether I live or die, my message will always be peace.
So, may peace be with you all.

No comments: