Sunday, 24 May 2009

Working on the Stations


Well, I am continuing to work on the Stations of the Cross.

The drawing above "X -- Jesus is stripped of His garments" has reached the point where I will let it "rest" for a while before returning to work on it some more.

This next drawing,
of the Crucifixion, is one I did almost a year ago. I was working on this one and the one I used for the Rosary icons at the same time. I chose the other Crucifixion drawing for the Rosary book and decided to use this one for the Stations.



There is no room on this one to put the title but I think most people can figure out that this station is called "Jesus dies on the cross"!! I did put the number on it, however.

Actually, I need some input about the numbers and the titles. Do I need both? Do I need just the number or do I not need any title or number on the actual icon? Give me some opinions please.

I have also been very busy working on the Rosary book. My friend, Patricia, edited all the text for me and so I spent time this weekend making all the corrections she suggested.

Now the only thing left to do is to talk to my priest friend about the commentary that I have with the Joyful Mystery of the Visitation. I got a bit carried away in what I wanted to say and need to find out if I have inadvertently wandered into some theological minefield where I shouldn't go.

Once that is done, I will get a draft copy printed up and see if all looks as it should. If so, then I will be ready to start taking orders.

I hope everyone had a good weekend. Happy Memorial Day tomorrow to those readers in the U.S.

Peace be with you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sallie: Since your call (a few minutes ago), I brought out your blog. I am happy with your renditions of the first three stations you've posted (Crucifixion; Stripping of His garments; and Meeting His Mother). The latter is particularly moving, and I really don't think you need to be bound by traditional interpretations for your work. The Stations, as you know, are catalysts to prayer and meditation - and it is always good to approach them from different perspectives. As well, each of the three clearly depicts the content of the images - so I really don't think that titles are necessary on any of them. It would be nice, however, if you could find a way to include the appropriate Roman numeral for each of them...E.